The purpose of this role is to collaborate with clients, graphic designers, copy writers, and project coordinators to create powerful web presences that facilitate the client's strategic and operational goals, using the best tool (Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, Magento, custom) to achieve the customer's short and long-term goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and optimize web sites and web pages.
- Manage hosting, DNS, database, and PHP settings for web properties.
- Provide ongoing support for web properties.
- Maintain effective communication with team members concerning the development and direction of projects.
- Write code and script applications.
- Perform site audits and do ongoing site maintenance.
- Creativity, resourcefulness, motivation, and flexibility.
- Receptiveness to feedback - website development is a team sport.
- Ability to understand the needs associated with a project and the target audience of each project.
- Self-discipline, demonstrated through the ability to meet deadlines and power through obstacles.
Skills and Education
- College degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience developing in at least one of these environments: Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, Magento, or Adobe design suite (we'll train for the others).
- Knowledge of SQL commands and management.
- Experience working in HTML, CSS, and Java
- Ability to code in at least one of the following: PHP, Python, Crystal, Ruby
We know that quality of life for all employees is strongly influenced by our working behavior, both in terms of personal accountability and how we treat one another. We're not looking for any mavericks here. If you love working within a team, if you value the intelligence and creativity of others, if you are able to check your ego at the door, if you are deeply curious about and committed to your craft, if you've achieved a certain amount of humility, we want you.
Interested? Apply now!